As more and more people use mobile phones to browse the internet, it's now critical that your website looks good on a mobile phone.
Your website will be usable on a mobile, but we can now create a layout specially for use on smartphones.
If you're considering a mobile version of your website, here are our design tips:
- Make it plain - black text on a white background is easier to read on a small screen. Remove background images and styling to further aid readability.
- Keep it quick - mobile connections can be slow so we remove large animations. Don't lose your visitors because they get bored waiting for your page to load!
- No Flash - Apple famously don't support Adobe Flash on the iPhone and iPad, so we've stopped using it altogether.
- Don't make them choose - Automatically redirect mobile users to the mobile version of your site so that they can quickly find what they want.
- Call to action - Make your phone number prominent to make it easy for your visitors to call you.